Scouts, Girl Guides, Schools, Colleges and University Enrichment Activities
Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme
We can facilitate activities for your group to participate in ranging from traditional country pursuits to rural activities incorporating the origins of British farm assured food production and respecting the countryside. Many of the activities we do may be used for gaining new skills specifically useful for Duke of Edinburgh Award. Activities are delivered by experienced, qualified staff.
Scouts/Guides Enrichment Activities:
- Informative tours encompassing varied aspects of the countryside tailored to meet your group’s particular interests.
- Backwood cooking and survival
- Cooking from field to table: sausage-making; burger-making; bread making
- Investigating 'wild' food: edible & non-edible; sourcing, preparing & cooking wild meat and plants
- Wildlife gardens & community projects
- Wildlife conservation
The Working Countryside
- A guided tour of a working farm.
Visits available throughout Staffordshire to a variety of farming enterprises e.g. dairy, beef, sheep, cereal, etc.
- Food from field to table, farming methods (intensive, extensive, organic), diversification & sustainability
- Guided informative countryside walks:
- Map-reading:following The Countryside Code
- inclusive are also the activities below....
Countryside Activities: Duke Of Edinburgh Award (Skills Section)
All of the above activities and ....
- Safe use and handling of air rifles (targets);
- Safe use and handling of shotgun (clay targets)
A range of assessments available:
- BASC Safeshot is an award recognising a basic level of shotgun knowledge and safe use/handling.
- Lantra (nationally recognised awarding body in Land-based Training) Safe Use and Handling of Shotguns/Air Rifles Customised Awards are
Level 1 Lantra quality assured
- Lantra Technical Awards offer Level 1& 2 shotgun tuition to National Occupational Standard
- Map-reading: following The Countryside Code
Should you be interested in finding out and learning more about the countryside and how we can organise fun, informative days for you please contact:
Ann Litchfield 07980 284549 or e-mail email@example.com